Gajar Sabji: Organic Carrot Cashew Curry
By Chef Suzy Singh
Enjoy this Ayurvedic recipe centered around the Vata Dosha. This Dosha represents pacifying foods that creates a balanced diet. Using NOW Ingredients, we have been able to not only create a balanced diet but also turn this dish into a healthy vegan recipe. Serve warm and enjoy!
- 2 cups Organic Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Ellyndale Organic Coconut Infusions, Butter Flavor
- 1/4 cup Ellyndale Nutty Infusion, Cashew Butter
- 1 Organic Ellyndale Q Cup, Lightly Salted Quinoa
- 2 Organic Tomatoes, medium dice
- 2 Organic Onion, medium dice
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp NOW Real Food Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon NOW CurcuFresh, Curcumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek Leaves (Menthi)
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2″ ginger, grated and chopped
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- In a sauce pot on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon organic coconut infusions, butter flavor.
- Add cubed tomatoes and onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Sauté for 7-10 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Pour all ingredient into blender, combine until puree is formed.
- Add curry leaves, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and clove.
- Toast spices for 3-5 minutes or until aromatic spices are released.
- Add tomato mixture, coriander powder, curcufresh, and coconut sugar.
- Reduce for 5-7 minutes.
- Add carrots, cashew butter coconut milk, and fenugreek leaves.
- Reduce for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan on high heat, add organic coconut infusions, butter flavor.
- Add cumin and cubed ginger to pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until cumin releases aromatics.
- Place 1/2 cup of hot water with toasted cumin and ginger in Q cup. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place Q cup at bottom pf